Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What's your workout style?

Personally, I love weight training. It could be the sound of metal clanking away. It could be the feeling of pushing for that last rep. I think the two things I love the most about weight training is the fact that I can keep track of my exact progress and that with weight training you can customize your workout to get the results you want.


Granted, with running, you can keep track of your times, but that doesn't necessarily show your progress. It could have been windy that day, or maybe it was a different route that had more hills than other routes. With weight training, it's just me vs the weights. All it takes is me writing down what I do every time and I can watch my exact progress workout by workout.


To my second point. If you are looking to gain size with weight training, make sure that you are using enough weight that you are struggling to get 8-10 reps per exercise. If you are looking to get toned and develop some lean muscle, make sure you have enough weight so that you are struggling to get 12-15 reps. Either way, you control how much weight you are lifting and therefore, you control the results you want.


Although weightlifting is my favorite, there are many other styles of exercising that I like as well. Running, playing sports, cardio style kenpo (or other martial arts), plyometrics, etc. Even yoga and stretching are finding a place in my heart. I want to hear from you though. What are your favorite types of exercise?

For more information about Team Beachbody, please visit http://www.beachbodycoach.com/thekoz

No comments:

Post a Comment